Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour can be carried out using different routes. These days Kathmandu-Lukla-Kalapather (Everest Base Camp) and back the same path is considered the standard, relaxed way. The excellent point, Kalapather is a long-lasting memory. We stay at the position for around 10 minutes. It’s danger staying for a longer duration because it may cause altitude sickness at any time. We fly to Everest View hotel for breakfast. The hotel is considered as the world’s highest altitude hotel. You can easily observe the scenic view of Mt. Everest from the hotel.
The EBC Helicopter Tour offers classical views of Khumbu Glacier, colourful tented camps, teahouses, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Nuptse, Lobuche, waterfall, rivers, and Mt. Everest. Passing the beautiful village area and mountain ranges are enchanting. You can witness the aerial views of Namche Bazaar, Phakding, Dingboche, Tengboche, etc. We offer the cheapest cost for all the travel companies.
– Enjoy the beatific Helicopter flight directly from Kathmandu to the Base Camp
– The joyful celebration when you reach kalapather (5,545 m)
– Land at the world’s dangerous and highest altitude Airport, Lukla
– Grab the opportunity to sit on the tallest elevation hotel- Everest View hotel
– Get closer views of mountain ranges: Mt. Lukla, Mt. Amadablam and Mt. Nuptse
– Know in-depth about Sherpa culture, religion and lifestyle
– Explore the breathtaking Khumbu Glacier
– 100% Refund Guarantee in case of no flight due to bad weather
– No any hidden charges
Day 00: Pre-meeting about the Helicopter Tour
Day 01: Helicopter tour starts early in the morning
5:30 am: Transfer to Airport from Hotel
6:00 am: Start the Everest Helicopter Flight. The Helicopter reaches Lukla Airport after 45 minutes where we land for refuelling purpose. The aircraft makes a round of Everest Base Camp, lands at the kalapather hill or Base Camp where you can stay for a maximum of 10 minutes.
10:30 am: Fly back to Kathmandu. It takes 50 minutes to reach Kathmandu
11:00 am: Transfer to Hotel at Thamel
What’s included ?
– Transportation service: to and from Kathmandu International Airport by private car or jeep.
– Airport Taxes
– Luxurious Breakfast at Everest View Hotel
– Everest National Park Permits
– All government taxes and charges
– Expert English government verified guide who can explain in brief about the places you fly
– Availability of Emergency Oxygen cylinder inside the Helicopter
– Company Expenses Base Camp Helicopter
What’s not included?
– Nepal Entry Visa fee
– Medical and Travel Insurance
– International Flights
– Personal Expenses (snacks, phone calls, recharging phone, etc.)
– Tipping the Guide
The Helicopter Tour to Everest Base Camp is gaining popularity day by day. Every year, thousands of travellers from different part of the world trek to EBC. Generally, it features: Glorious mountain views, high hills, forest, tea houses attract the trekkers, and so the traveller go to the place frequently. You get the heavenly feeling at Kalapather. Mt. Everest is standing in front of you, how fast would your heart beat?
Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour Cost
We provide cheap and affordable Helicopter flights every day from Kathmandu. Generally, the price is high for private Helicopter and low for sharing. It’s best if you can adjust a sharing Helicopter flight.
The exact cost for Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour is USD 950 which is cheaper than any other company and is affordable. If you choose private Helicopter flight, you can have multiple options like time for trip, itinerary, breakfast and many more.
Weather and climatic Condition-Best time for EBC Helicopter Tour
The weather is suitable throughout the year for the EBC Helicopter Tour. However, we recommend you not to go for the trek if the Everest region is icy. March-May and September – November are considered to be the best as well as peak months for the Helicopter tour.
If the weather doesn’t favour the Tour, we have EBC helicopter cancellation policy too. Usually, we check the weather and inform you about it. We always try to keep you happy from all the aspects.
Clothing, gears and Equipment
As weather of the Everest region is unpredictable, you need to carry all the necessary clothing. Winter is freezing, avalanche may occur any time, and you can’t see the bright cloud. Clouds are a bit clear in the monsoon season; other seasons are okay for it. Below is the official list of clothing, gears and Equipment required for the Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour:
– Windproof Jacket
– Sun Hat
– Sun lotion and sunglass
– Tissue paper and water bottle
– Electronic gadgets: Camera, mobile phone, batteries, etc
Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour Weight limit
Every Helicopter has its weight limit. Typically, it’s same for all the helicopters used for the Tour. 500 Kg is the weight limit for EBC Choppers. It can handle up to 5 people per flight. The maximum carrying capacity of a helicopter above 4,400 m is 240 kg. If the pax exceeds 3, we need to run two shuttle helicopter flight from Pheriche to Everest Base Camp. So, we will have helicopter flight from Lukla to Pheriche carrying five pax. Then, the 4th and 5th pax will be flying in next Helicopter to EBC.
Before going for the EBC Helicopter tour, it’s essential to know the following tips:
– Make sure if there is an oxygen cylinder or not in the Helicopter before the visit
– Many companies charge you, 1000$+. Bargaining is Nepal’s national way of reducing the price
– Make yourself comfortable, be physically and mentally prepared for the Helicopter Tour
– Since the EBC Helicopter Tour doesn’t require a fit and beautiful body, it can be performed by adult and children too. Make sure to carry necessary clothing item.
– Don’t disturb the Pilot during the flight asking about the location frequently. They are ordered to comment about different areas from us. so, they will be discussing when you reach the new destination
– Tipping the guide isn’t compulsory during the Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
EBC Helicopter Flight Route
We follow the standard route of flying to EBC from Kathmandu. Due to the runway maintenance at Kathmandu International Airport from 10 pm to 8 am, alternate domestic Airport (Ramechhap Airport) is used to reach Lula. However, no problem, we’re there to arrange your flight from Kathmandu at any cost because we care about your happiness.
Usually, the route is: Kathmandu Airport- Bhaktapur Durbar Square- High above the Nagarkot Hill- Jiri- Namche Bazaar- Syangboche Airport- Tengboche Monastery- Dingboche- Pheriche- Gorakshep- Kalapathar (5,545 m)- Everest Base Camp- Breakfast at Everest View Hotel-Lukla Airport- back to Kathmandu
Advantages of EBC Helicopter Tour
360-degree view: The extraordinary scenes of mountain ranges, waterfalls, rivers, rhododendron, oak, pine forest amazes you.
Very Safe Landing: Our pilots are dedicated and well experienced. Some times, the reposition Heli Pad may be required. At such case, your Pilot will inform you and make the landing very safe.
Private tour Service: People often ask why private Tour? There’s a very vast difference between private and sharing helicopter tour. You can choose your timing, itinerary and landing places in the individual journey whereas, in the sharing, we fix that for you. However, either a private or sharing helicopter tour, you would enjoy a lot.
Happy Trail: The standard route is flying to Lukla-Namche Bazaar-Everest Base Camp and return to Kathmandu. The top view of the waterfall, high Himalayan peaks would favor the Tour.
Safety Notes for Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
– Standing on your seat means you’re waiting for danger
– Smoking is prohibited, but your Pilot will inform you about the exact ‘Smoking Zone.’
– Never ask additional questions to the Pilot. He will be commenting about the different places
– Listen to the pilot words for safely landing
– Sometime the helipad may require preposition. Be calm in such a situation
Booking with Us
Booking with us means successful Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour journey. We claim ourselves a unique company providing a facility in cheap services, and we always try to make our client happy. Below are some points regarding the term:
– 100 % guaranteed service provider serving since 2009
– Aim of Satisfying clients giving full priority to them
– Options to schedule the departure date
– Well experienced pilots and team staffs
– 24 hours online booking service
Frequently Asked Questions
01: What’s the maximum elevation for the Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour?
The highest place that we fly is Kalapather which lies at an elevation of 5,545 m from the sea level. We operate from Kathmandu lying at 1300 m from the sea level. Landing on the Lukla Airport- the dangerous Airport in the world would be enchanting, new kind of experience in your life.
02: Where does the helicopter land, on the Summit or the Everest Base Camp?
It lands on the Everest Base Camp. We can go up to Kalapather which is a high hill situated at an elevation of 5,545 m from the sea level. The mountain lies in front of the Mt. Everest. The healthy live landscape of Mt. Everest can be seen in front of your eyes from the hill.
03: How long can we stay at the Everest Base Camp/Kalapather?
It depends upon the weather condition. We can say that a maximum of 10 minutes; we will be at the Base Camp. Staying more than that is dangerous because you may face altitude sickness at any time.
04: Who leads the trip, any experience and well-trained leader?
Feel doubt free in that. Our pilots, guides and porters are great experiences with decades of experience in the field. They’ve full knowledge of the route, forest areas, mountain ranges, snow-capped mountains, local culture, tradition and festival.
Also, they know medicines. If the emergency case arises, they can handle with care and maintain your health status.
05. What about meals and breakfast, are they served in restaurant or tea houses?
Neither restaurant nor tea houses, you will be taken to the world’s highest altitude hotel- Everest View Hotel for lunch. You can have enchanting landscapes of Mt. Everest and the surrounding area.
06. How are the arrangements for Safe Drinking water?
Whether you go for a helicopter flight tour or any other trek, we serve both the boiled and cold drinking water, and this is safe too. We even carry purify tablets because the Himalayan water contains high minerals.
We don’t recommend you to buy boiled or cold water because it’s quite expensive and not friendlier to our health.
07. Is there any hidden charge for the Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour?
No, we don’t take any hidden charges. Our price is the cheapest of all the travel agencies present in Nepal. Sharing a helicopter tour decreases your cost.
08. Tell me about the booking process with your company?
First of all, send the advance payment to our company via bank, filling up the form, passport expiry date and the trek/tour you wish to join with us. The amount must be 50% of the total so that we can be secure and plan for you.
After we receive your details and bank transaction, we send you a confirmation letter along with the receipt.
For bank details, please Contact Us. We’ve Credit Card payment, Visa/Master Card, PayPal payment or any other reliable source of payment option.
09. Do you carry oxygen cylinders in case of the Emergency condition?
Yes, we do. You will be informed about it before the flight. We always carry an oxygen cylinder for an emergency condition.
10. I want to Charter a private Helicopter, how is that possible?
We provide Private Helicopter Service tour, and the price is reliable. We feel proud that we’ve been providing Private Charter Helicopter Service in the lowest amount of the total market. For discounted private Helicopter Tour contact us or directly @+9779851087389
Helicopter Details used for EBC helicopter Tour
We use latest manufactured Helicopters for the Tour.
1. Duel Control, Wide Window with Roomy Cabin
– Made by: Air Bus France
– Model: AS250 H125
– Engine Type: Ariel H25
– Passenger Capacity:6+1
– Maximum Operating Elevation: 23,000 ft.
2. Duel Control, Wide Window with Roomy Cabin
– Made by: Air Bus France
– Model: AS350b3e
– Engine Type: Ariel 2D
– Passenger Capacity:5+!
– Maximum Operating Elevation: 23,000 ft.
3. Duel Control, Wide Window with Roomy Cabin
– Made by: Air Bus France
– Model: AS350 FX II
– Engine Type: LTS-101-700D2
– Passenger Capacity:6+1
– Maximum Operating Elevation: 19,000 ft.
These Helicopters are safe and regarded as the most versatile helicopters for flying high to the mountain area, especially the Everest region.